Thatcham Research hails Volkswagen as a "trailblazer" as it announces standard fitment of AEB on all UK vans from 1 June 2017
News • May 31, 2017 09:30 BST
Year on year rise in deaths and serious injuries involving vans Volkswagen a trailblazer for being the first manufacturer to fit AEB as standard on all their vans in the UK Shocking that AEB, a proven lifesaving technology, has not been available on vans until now Call for all vehicle manufacturers to follow suit
Press Releases • May 04, 2017 09:01 BST
Press Releases • May 03, 2017 10:22 BST
As of today, all users of escribe, the UK’s leading repair methods solution, can instantly identify ADAS fitment and system features
Press Releases • Apr 12, 2017 09:00 BST
Press Releases • Apr 11, 2017 09:13 BST
Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, has today (April 11, 2017) given the green light to 5*StarS as part of the national strategy to establish the UK as a global centre for the development, testing and commercialisation of Connected Autonomous Vehicles.
Press Releases • Mar 09, 2017 09:35 GMT
As Apprentice Week celebrates its 10th Anniversary this week from 6 – 10 March (#NAW2017), Thatcham Research is continuing to lead the way in closing the skills gap for core occupations including Paint, Panel and Mechanical in the Automotive Collision Repair Sector.
Press Releases • Mar 01, 2017 09:00 GMT
After recently celebrating its 20th anniversary, the latest round of Euro NCAP testing has brought safety campaigners back down to earth. The three superminis tested, the Fiat 500, Citroën C3 and Ford Ka+, showed disappointing results said Matthew Avery, director of research at Thatcham Research, the independent automotive research centre and voice of Euro NCAP in the UK.
15,000 Killed and Seriously Injured Saved Annually in the UK as Euro NCAP Marks 20 Years of Car Crash Testing
Press Releases • Feb 02, 2017 00:01 GMT
MORE than 182,000 killed and serious injuries have been saved on UK roads since revolutionary Euro NCAP car safety tests were launched 20 years ago. In 2015, 15,000 fewer car occupants were killed and seriously injured.
Press Releases • Jan 25, 2017 09:00 GMT
• Ford Mustang receives first Two Star Euro NCAP rating given to a top 10 car brand since 2008 • Concerns about Ford Mustang’s crash protection of adult and child occupants • Worrying lack of safety equipment, that is offered to US consumers, but not available in UK • VOLVO S90 and V90 awarded Euro NCAP 5 Star rating following in footsteps of the XC90
Press Releases • Jan 12, 2017 08:30 GMT
• Toyota Prius the safest new car of 2017, wins this year’s What Car? Safety Award • Prius features class-leading Reverse AEB as standard, aiming to reduce the UK’s £1.7 bn annual parking damage bill • Safety campaigners celebrate chance to decrease the UK's 400 yearly pedestrian deaths, as all ten finalists carry Pedestrian AEB as standard • The Peugeot 3008 & VW Tiguan highly commended
Press Releases • Dec 12, 2016 09:00 GMT
• Top ten safest new cars of 2017: What Car? Safety Award long list announced • Manufacturers recognised for safety innovation, driving safer cars on UK road • Safety not at a price, with budget brands now offering key safety features as standard • Huge steps forward in collision avoidance technology - toughest tests to date • Two hybrids, and four SUVs shows market growth in newer segments
Press Releases • Dec 05, 2016 11:17 GMT
Chief Digital Officer role created that reflects data being the lifeblood of great research Focus will be on: • Developing a new Data Strategy • Data Integration and Interface to seamlessly integrate industry data to deliver more impactful research to Members • Information Security to ensure on-going compliance with continuously improving industry recognised standards
Press Releases • Nov 30, 2016 09:00 GMT
Buyers of the new Suzuki Ignis and SsangYong Tivoli urged to spec their cars carefully, read the small print and choose optional safety packs for optimum safety Ford Edge and Hyundai Ioniq rated 5 Star Euro NCAP but concerns over rear passenger safety that exceed safe limits Audi Q2 awarded 5 Star Rating and praised for high scores in all areas and effective safety systems as standard
News • Nov 28, 2016 16:08 GMT
• Thatcham Research sponsors What Car? Safety Award for third year running • Award continues to recognise car manufacturer safety innovation to drive the adoption of safer cars on UK roads • Nominees required to have AEB fitted as standard, preventing up to 38% of rear end crashes and saving 110 lives every year • Long list to be announced 06 December 2016 - winners announced 11 January 2017
Press Releases • Nov 23, 2016 13:27 GMT
Thatcham Research has streamlined its repair methods to two products, escribe and escribe plus. They offer mechanical data and multi-user licences as options and instant access to a broader set of repair methods and parts information. Updated monthly they include over 1.3m methods, including manufacturer and Thatcham Research-devised methods - covering over 81% of the UK estimating parc.
News • Nov 22, 2016 06:10 GMT
• Future legislation needs to protect consumers in the event of an accident with an automated car • British insurers are leading efforts to have a standard set of data agreed at an international level • Car manufacturers and legislators need to work with insurers to establish a framework • Data should be easily accessible to determine who was in control - the driver or the vehicle?
Press Releases • Oct 26, 2016 09:01 BST
Latest Euro NCAP test result confirms that consumers cannot assume all new cars launched include a full range of Safety Assist features as standard
Press Releases • Sep 28, 2016 09:01 BST
Safety experts at Thatcham Research have welcomed the addition of two more Euro NCAP five star performers, the Peugeot 3008 and Mercedes E Class. However, with much of the latest advanced technology costing extra, safety still comes at a price.
Press Releases • Sep 09, 2016 11:05 BST
Insurers put drivers first in proposing simple cover for driverless cars